Class meets for 1 hour weekly
- Spelling words based on the 1200 high frequency word list http://rmtc.fsdb.k12.fl.us/literacy/files/1200wordlist.pdf
- Students are strongly encouraged to bring any challenging spelling words to class.
- Students may engage in an assessment pretest to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses.
- Teaching the NLP techniques of “manipulating a spelling word” in any modality for spelling retention.
- Interactive and social group activities, puzzles and games to strengthen spelling comprehension
- Parent tools to work with the child at home.
- School supplies are required for this class: pencils, 3 x 5 index cards, notebook paper
Please note: This class is presented in three parts, each level is presented in a 16 week session.
- Level 1: Words 1 – 400 for grades 1st to 4th.
- Level 2: Words 401 – 800 for grades 3rd to 6th.
- Level 3: Words 801 – 1200 for grades 5th – 8th.
Approved vendor: Sky Mountain and Sage Oak Charter School. An important note for charter school families – Please fill out the registration form and send it into the instructor AND notify your ES to create a purchase order (PO). All POs must be approved prior to the start of the student’s first day of attendance.